How To Start A Blog in India 2021
An Easy, Free Beginner’s Guide To Start Blogging in India
You’re only about 30 mintues away from your new website.
Hi, welcome to howtostartabloginindia.in.
This website is the easiest way to learn how to start blogging in India to make money or for personal or business use.
Either you want to create a blog personal, private, or business use today, read this step by step guide, with no prior experience and be online in under next 30 minutes.
First of all, a warm congratulations to you for taking your first step in blogging field.
This step-by-step guide will help you learn how to start a blog in India from scratch without having to spend money for freelancers, agencies, or website builders.
The plus point is, this guide is 100% free and you need no technical knowledge but 100 your attention to set up a professional within next 30 minutes.
How To Start A Blog in India 2021?
Before I get into deep learning, “how to start a blog in India” I want to talk about why you should build a blog nowadays.
Fortunately, if you already owe a perfect idea then skip this step and move to the next one.
- Blogging is the best way to share your knowledge and opinions online.
- You may hear a saying is, “knowledge is money“.
- There are millions of bloggers who earn thousands of dollars from their blog and you can too.
- It helps to increase knowledge and turns you into a better writer.
- A blog can be utilized as a platform to showcase your knowledge and expertise.
- The richest people in the world build networks because everyone else looks for work and starting a blog is a guaranteed way to expand your network.
10 Easy Steps To Start Blogging in India [2021 Edition]
In this free blogging guide, I have covered 10 easy steps you need to follow in order to start a professional website in India.
Don’t worry, there’s no technical ability needed nor coding required by you.
So, if you follow the below steps respectively, your blog will be ready in the next 30 minutes or less.Let’s get started:
Step 1: Choose A Blogging Platform
- If you prefer to choose a free blogging platform, it means you are serious and don’t want to become a blogger like me.
- You’ll be able to manage your blog the way you can control paid one.
- You will not be able to monetize the website as you’d like by for example using various ads or affiliate programs.
- You won’t have full control over your website. They can shut down your site anytime without notice.
- The free blogging platform provider can insert ads on your website without notice which unable to remove.
So if you really want to make money from your website as I’ve done then you need to be a self-hosted platform like wordpress.org.
On wordpress.org, you have full control over your content, design, brand and all options open when it comes to monetizing the website accordingly.
So, this learning, how to start a blog in India, is not about using a free software to start a website.
Instead, I’ll recommend you create a self-hosted WordPress website from scratch. So, that you own the full control or your site.
Want to know, why to choose WordPress?
WordPress alone owes about 28% space on the Internet and every serious blogger uses a self-hosted WordPress site because of its creative freedom, greater control and flexibility.
I also use WordPress CMS. It offers full control for managing my site the way I want. WordPress.org is a free CMS, but it requires domain name and web hosting to set up a website on it.
Let’s get a domain and hosting service.
Step 2: Buy A TLD Domain & Web Hosting
Here are some examples of the popular TLDs include .com, .in, .org, .net, .gov, .biz and .edu.
Web hosting is a place on the internet where all your files on the website live. It is like the home of your blog.
Choosing the best WordPress hosting for your blog can improve SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and increase affiliate sales.
Though there are various different types of WordPress hosting options available such as Shared, VPS, Dedicated, and managed WordPress hosting.
In this guide, I will recommend you buy a domain name and web hosting from Bluehost India (website link – bluehost.in).
Here is why:
Bluehost India is one biggest leading web hosting companies in India. The best thing about Bluehost is that you can also register a domain name free of cost with any web hosting plan purchase.
I have been affiliate partner with them since January 2020. Since then, their sales team is offering 60% flash discount on web hosting plans.
Click here to activate your Bluehost India discount – Free domain + 60% instant discount on 36 months billing.
Let’s start step by step how to buy domain and hosting from Bluehost India.
First of all, visit this discounted link & click on the blue button saying “Get Started“.
Select hosting plan among Personal, Business & Pro.
- Basic: Under this plan, you can host only one website or blog. If you are wishing to start a single blog only then this hosting plan is the best choice.
- Plus (Recommend): Choosing the Business Plan will give you to create 3 WordPress blogs on Resellerclub hosting. Even you are a newbie, I highly suggest to buy this package, so later if you want to create a new blog, it will not cost you money again for web hosting.
- Choice Plus: Under business plan, you will be getting all pro features of web hosting services like domain security, SSL certificate, dedicated IPs etc.
In the next step, a popup will display on your computer screen.
Here you have to select, “I want to buy a Domain Name” >> Enter the domain name you want to register >> Untick CodeGuard and Sitelock option and then click on Continue To Checkout.
Click on Select button then Proceed.
In this step, you have to choose the domain and hosting tenure. My suggestion is to buy the domain for 1 year and hosting for a minimum of 1 year or over.
For example, I am selecting both for a year. (The coupon code will be added automatically).
Once you chose the hosting tenure click on Proceed To Checkout button.
Here, you need to click on Create An Account. If you already have an account on Bluehost, then you can login but remember, there is no discount for existing customers. So I suggest creating a new account for grab discount.
Setting up your account area will ask to enter your details for hosting accounts such as Name, Address, City Country, Email, Password etc.
All you need to enter your details showing in the below screenshot.Once, done everything, click on the green button saying “Create Account“.
This is the last step to purchase hosting from Bluehost. Here you have to choose the payment method and click on Pay Online to make the final payment.
Once the payment is done successfully, you will get a confirmation mail on your registered email ID.
Now let’s move to the next step of learning, how to start a blog in India 2021.
Step 3: Installing WordPress on Your Hosting
Once you have a web hosting purchased, login to your hosting account using Username and Password.
Tap on WordPress Hosting >> Account and type the domain name that you purchased with the hosting plan.
Select the Order from the drop-down and click on Search.Next access the WordPress Hosting cPanel (control panel) by clicking on the Manage Service link.
On link click, it will be to automatically log into your WordPress Hosting control panel.
Fill in the correct credentials and domain name you want to install WordPress on Resellerclub India.
Click on Install WordPress Button. In a few seconds WordPress will be installed successfully.
Step 4: Loging into Your Blog & Updating Password
Login to your WordPress dashboard using Username and Password you got in step #3 by visiting URL www.yourdomain.com/wp-admin/.
Once you logged in, you first step to update Password. To do so, navigate to “Users” then “Your Profile”.Scroll down to the bottom, under “Account Management” section click on “Generate Password”.
Enter the Password you want to set and click on the “Update Profile” button.Congratulations, your Password updated successfully.
Step 5: Designing Your WordPress Blog
There are thousands of pre-made WordPress themes that you can install on your site. Some of them are free, others are paid. On how to start a blog in India website I use GeneratesPress.
It has 2 versions, “free and premium” and I use a premium version.
If you have a budget, it’s always good to purchase a premium theme but if not, you can also start with a free WordPress theme by browsing WordPress dashboard by clicking on Appearance >> Themes >> Add New button.
On this screen, you can search from 5600+ free WordPress themes that are available in the official wordpress.org themes directory.
You can also sort by popular, latest, featured, as well as other feature filters (i.e industry, layout, etc).
Remember having a premium theme will give more speed, flexibility and optimization features.
Below are some of the best WordPress premium themes websites listing.
- Elegant Themes
- Thrive Themes
- Affiliate Booster
Once you are happy with the theme you want to use on your blog. Delete the other themes from the dashboard by visiting Appearance >> Themes >> Select Theme to delete and hit Delete button.
Step 6: Deleting Pre-Added Content
Default WordPress software comes with unusual pre-added content like Sample Post, Page, Plugins etc.
These things just for example for beginners.which have no benefit to be there. So, It’s always better to delete these useless things
- To delete post, click on Posts >> All Posts >> Select Post >> Move To Trash >> Apply.
- To delete page, click on Pages >> All Pages >> Select Page >> Move To Trash >> Apply.
- To delete a plugin, first, you have to deactivate them all.
- To deactivate it, click on Plugins >> Installed Plugins >> Select All Plugins >> Deactivate >> Apply.
Now repeat the same process by selecting the “Delete” option.
Step 7: Start Installing Essential Plugins
Plugins are the tools to make full control of your WordPress blog. There are thousands of free and paid plugins available depending on needs.As a beginner, you can start with free plugins.
Here, I have listed 6 most important plugins that you must need to install from the 1st day.
- Akismet Anti-spam: There are millions of bots that lift spam comments on your WordPress blog and Akismet is the tool to stop it.
- W3 Total Cache: On behalf of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) website speed really matters a lot. This plugin helps your website to load faster and to put less stress on your web hosting account. Because, if your website doesn’t load quickly for them then they are likely to move on to another website.
- Wordfence Security: This plugin will keep your site secure from hackers (such attempts are more common than you may think).
- Contact Form 7: Contact form 7 is plugin used to create contact forms which like I created on my contact page.
- Rank Math: Do you need an SEO plugin that helps your blog reach for the stars? Rank Math SEO is one and the only plugin with 5+ million active installations that I am using for on-page SEO by adding XML Sitemaps, Indexation rules, Title Tags and more.
- Smush Image Compression: Image compression is also a positive effect on SEO by improving blog loading speed and Smush Image Compression & Optimization is the best plugin that fit my needs. No matter what plugins you use to better manage your WordPress media library Smush will cover everything.
Step 8: Essential Settings To Do
- Permalink Setup: By default, WordPress doesn’t have SEO friendly permalink structure. So, in order to make it navigate to Settings >> Permalinks and set the Post Name.
- Disable Pingbacks & Trackbacks: To stop these notifications go to WordPress Dashboard >> Settings >> Discussion >> Untick Allow link notifications from other blogs (pingbacks and trackbacks) on new articles option.
- Timezone: Navigate to Settings >> General >> Select Timezone according your country time. As you have started a blog in India, so you can select UTC+5:30.
Step 9: Must Have Pages
Once you have done everything with the above steps, its time to add a few important pages listed below:
- About Us
- Contact Us
Above are the most important page to approve a Google Adsense account. However, there is more page like deals, blog, services etc. you may require later as per your needs.
Step 10: Start Writing Posts
Writing the first blog post is one of the best things to start your blogging career where you can provide the best of the bests.
- Go to Posts >> Add New and the WordPress post editor will be shown in front of you. Yes, this is the moment to show your skills.
- You can see the box to enter the post title and the rest of the content will be written in the bigger box.
- Once you finish writing your article, publish it by clicking on the “Publish” button.
After publishing your first blog post, it’s time to share content into the whole world. My recommendation always follows the 80/20 rule.
Means, invest 20% of the time in writing content and the rest for its promotion.You can use social media platforms and email marketing. Where great tools like Convertkit & Aweber marketing tools bring the best results.
Final Words on How To Start A Blog in India 2021
I hope my guide has helped you learn, how to start a blog in India and make money online in 2021.
Do you have any problem or question following this tutorial to create your first blog? Please message me via the contact page here.
Disclosure: This free guide contains affiliate links. That means I will earn a small amount of commission if you decide to purchase any recommend product at no extra cost to you. Learn more.